Monday, August 20, 2007

Design Review (Purple Rain Edition)

The Alumni peeps made a contest called Purple Rain where the theme is to make a design utilizing the color purple. Here are my reviews on all the ones up for scoring right now.

Halt! Who Goes There? - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever
$5 This is my favorite of all the Alumni Purple Rain submissions. It is just so well illustrated and really has a good concept as well. Props for making purple look good.

Ride Love - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever
2 This shirt design is just okay, but the colors don't really work well with the purple in my opinion. Nice try tho

Psychedelic Smoke - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever
4 I love the complexity of this design and how it still sticks to stingerstyler's unique style. I hope this gets more recognition than it is getting right now, although I still kinda think its missing something.

everyone's a hero - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever
3 The drawing is really good, but I think this could have been done better. The colors are a little dull and the placement is kinda weird. I don't know why people use off center placement so much. There is a time and place for it and I think this design would have been better had it been centered.

The fall of the Chain Letter Gang - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever
$4 This one is another great design from kaloyster. The detail is brilliant for only 2 colors and I can definitely see myself purchasing this one if it looks good on the shirt. Nice job again!

When rhythm arrives... - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever
3 This was dropped early and I kinda understand why, but this should have at least had a chance to get the whole 7 days. The design isn't like a normal text shirt as the outline they used is pretty well done. I don't like when people fill in letters for no reason, but at least this one filled in only o's, which showed it had a reason.

Mystic Rain. - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever
4 I like how this one looks and how it is so huge on the shirt. The drops remind me of the designs on bandanas. Nicely done, although the presentation is kinda too slow where you have to wait so long to see the whole design.

Just Before The Purple Rain - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever
5 This one has one of the mose incredible use of pattern and the purple looks amazing. I like the detail and this looks like it took a while to do. Nice work!

No comments: