Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Design Review

The Penrose Baby - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever
Of course tomburns does it again. This time, he comes out with this ingenious design of a baby stacking blocks in the shape of one of those impossible triangle things. Optical illusion and optical appeal. All around, another great design.

The Awakening - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever
The detail on this is just superb! I especially like the hugeness about it on the shirt. I don't know if I'd wear it, but it definitely is a great design.

CONGRATULATIONS! You have won a lottery!! - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever
I thought this one was cool. The idea of popups (the most annoying ones as well) is pretty good, but one thing I kinda find not that good about the subs in the GMail contest is that a lot of people think the contest is about the internet, but it is actually about "Connect"-ing which can be related to many more things besides the internet. Still think this design is great tho.

Sing to the Tune of Nature - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever
I just love the colors in this design and the concept. The concept of Nature and music is not foreign to me as I myself have submitted a design called Nature's Music (and I have another in the works, Nature's Music II). But yeah, I love the use of all the music symbols and the way the staves are not parallel. This is just an all around eye-appealing design.

No comments: